Therapist - Outpatient
Familylinks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider
$25.00/hr. (for billable hours)
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, this position provides outpatient therapy and related clinical services to at-risk children, with a mental health diagnosis.
Site location: Children's Hospital - Oakland (3 days per week 1:00 to 5:00) & Shadyside Outpatient Clinic for evening hours if interested in additional hours.
Required: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or a related field. Considerable knowledge in Child Development, Family Systems Theory, and Brief/Solution-Focused Treatment or other comparable treatment modalities. Experience working with at-risk youth. Act 33/34 Clearances. Licensure and credentialing with commercial insurers preferred. Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions*:
1.Implement and maintain the program’s philosophy, principles and procedures in all facets of performance. (Provide services and conduct self in a manner which is consistent with the profession’s code of ethics.)
2. Prepare or assist in preparation and implementation of treatment/educational plans and goals that reflect unit standards and measurable outcomes.
3. Assess or provide therapy, counseling, intervention and/or education to clients in a professional manner. 4. Provide clinically appropriate treatment based on mental health assessment and treatment plans.
5. Complete timely and accurate documentation. Meet audited tested requirements.
6. Communicate, collaborate and meet with staff, families, external agencies and/or others as necessary to support services to clients and the mission of the agency. Inform, instruct and assist client concerning the access of appropriate community resources.
7. Maintain 75% utilization of billable services.
8. Assure continuous reimbursable sessions for assigned clients. Work with the billing department to monitor client compliance with payments and developing payment plan with clients as needed. Track and complete managed care authorizations and extensions.
9. Fully participate in staff development opportunities offered to enhance professional growth, especially to maintain license, certification, or identified program performance skills.
10. Participate in planned supervision and case consultation conferences. Come prepared with an agenda and keep supervisor informed. Knows when to act independently and when to seek help.